Sunday, February 16, 2014

Gods love is always there

Tuesday 11, 2014

Konnichiwa,

I feel like time is running out and I haven't been reaching my potential or like I am missing out on something.  I think my companion and I are used to different ways of doing missionary work and I have struggled way hard with seeing things from her perspective.  I hope it gets easier. I knew my mission wasn't going to be easy, but I wasn't expecting it to be challenging in the ways that is has been. There are many times that I want to give up and forget it.  But then I think about the Savior…and think about how blessed I am to have the gospel in my life.  Keeping that in mind has been the only thing that has kept me going at times.  I know I am supposed to be here, and I am grateful for the strong impressions that I received before my mission or who knows if I'd be able to keep pushing through.

I am learning that missions are like a lifetime of emotions and experiences all packed into 18 months.  You experience SO much JOY, so much sadness, so much frustration, so much peace, so much anger and so much laughter, so much fatigue and so much enthusiasm.

There are days when you really wish that it could just end, and then there are other times when you hope it never does.  People come and go, and friendships are made that can never be forgotten!  So far my mission has been an unforgettable experience.

I know that Heavenly Father loves each of us so deeply that he lets us wade through tribulation so we can taste of the sweet joy of the Atonement when its all over.  How grateful I am that because of the Savior there is ALWAYS joy, peace, love and happiness at the end of each trail that we go through.

Thank you for all your love and prayers, I am striving to become the person and missionary the Lord needs me to be.  Its taking a long time, but I'm getting there.  Please remember that Gods love is always there, and that he lives and so does our Savior.  He knows our heart and our struggles and he is ready to bless us if we turn to HIM in all things.

Stay strong, and continue to choose the Savior in all things
Love, Sharp Shimai

No comments:

Post a Comment