Tuesday, June 3, 2014

My Testimony

Konnichiwa,

This last week we were pretty busy, we taught 8 lessons.  None of our investigators are progressing which is really hard.  But I had a strong feeling that I know there is at LEAST ONE that will.  It may not be any that we are currently teaching, but we will find the one who will.  The sisters that we live with had a baptism yesterday it was way good!!  Their convert is sooo cute, she's in her 70's and has a strong testimony of the Book of Mormon :) she's adorable!!

I had a cool experience last week with one of our investigators Ishikawa San.  The elders met him last year and he didn't have a ton of interest but when we met him he agreed to meet again.  He looooves to talk, which is a good and a bad thing.  But we had the opportunity to teach him the restoration in about 10 minutes.  I got to the first vision and he was looking at me with the most intense eyes.  for about 1 minute straight our eyes didn't break contact and I felt the power of the spirit testify through me to him the truthfulness of every word that came out of my mouth.  I have said the first vision a lot on my mission, and have had a ton of spiritual experiences when sharing it, but never have the words come out of my mouth so powerfully and clearly before.  I have it memorized in Japanese, but it was as if I wasn't even speaking, I barely had a recollection of saying anything.  At the end, we invited him to pray about everything we taught.  We met with him about 3 days later and he said that he went to the church website and studied more about the first vision, and he also mentioned how important the priesthood is, if it is real.  He isn't committing to pray about, which is way frustrating.  I know its Satan. I know (and I think he knows) that if he prays he is going to get an answer and then he will be accountable!  He is a member of a church called 'sokagakai' and from what I hear it was founded by a man who went to BYU, learned about the Mormons and decided he wanted to be a prophet.  He came back to Japan and founded a way, way, way corrupt version of our church and people are joining by the thousands.  He made it into a Buddhist religion.  Its way scary.  Probably 1 in every 20 people we meet is a member of this church.  I have met sooo so many.  None of them (to my knowledge) have any idea that is a corrupt version of our church.  If they did, I think they would join ours.  Anyways, Ishikawa San is trying my patience because he won't pray the way we have taught him, but we are going to continue to love him and keep him in our prayers.

We met with the girl that had read half the Book of Mormon.  When we met her she didn't seem as happy to see us.  I think Satan got to her in the days we weren't able to see her.  Because she didn't make a return appointment which was really sad.  I suppose its not quite her time yet.  She is close though.

Last night we were housing in her same apartment complex and we found a girl who lived in California for 4 years.  She said that in America she had one friend that was Mormon and all her family practiced Christianity of some sort.  She had a piercing in her chin and really short hair.  She seems to be a little more rough around the edges but as I continued to talk to her (in fluent English:) the spirit softened her and she said that she would read the plan of salvation pamphlet that we gave to her and if we stopped by again she would be okay to talk with us.  It was a huge miracle I was way grateful that the Lord placed her in our path.  We will follow upon her progress this week and ill let you know what happens.

Time is short, but I bare my testimony that this is the Church of Jesus Christ.  It has been restored to the earth through the Prophet Joseph Smith.  He saw God, our Father, and the Son Jesus Christ.  They live and they love us.  The Book of Mormon is evidence of this.  Read it. Study it. Ponder it.  Pray about it. All those who do so will receive a witness from the Holy Ghost that it is true.  It its true, than this is Gods Church. I testify that it is!

I love you all.  Pray. Pray often.
Sharp Shimai

No comments:

Post a Comment