Sunday, July 13, 2014

I love my mission!

Sunday July 6th

Konnichiwa!

This last week was really good, I can't believe another week has come and gone.  Before I know it I'm going to be on a plane…doesn't feel real.
ANYWAYS!
We saw lots of miracles!  We found a family that has EIGHT kids in it!  The mom was super nice!  All the kids are 12 years and younger!  We made an appointment to meet with them tomorrow but unfortunately a typhoon is suppose to be coming tonight and President said that anyone on Okinawa can't go outside tomorrow :(
So we will have to cancel. Sad :(

We were able to meet with a lot of our investigators this last week!
Nakamoto- He is doing well, he is continuing to keep all his assignments that we are giving to him and he prayed out loud for the first time this last week in front of us. (with the help of the member) nevertheless, he did it!  He is converting!  Slowly, but surely!

Taira San- He is also doing well, we invited him to be baptized last week and he said that as he continues to meet with us he feels like that is what he is going to want to do, but he feels so unworthy to receive baptism and go to church that he didn't commit to the date that we suggested.  He has read all of the bible, and believes in Jesus Christ, but he doesn't understand the power of the Atonement, otherwise he would of accepted baptism.  We are working on explaining the Faith in Jesus Christ and the repentance process.  He has SO many great questions, they are hard to answer, especially in Japanese.  I am SO grateful that I have Kashiwa Shimai!!  The spirit always guides me to say what I'm supposed to, even when I'm not sure I completely know what is going on it always ends up working out!  He is so prepared, but his repentance process is going to take some time.  I really hope to see him convert before I have to head home.  But if not, I know he will shortly after :)

We had zone conference last week, and President came down with the APs, we received some great trainings on teaching with the spirit.  It never ceases to amaze me how in tune my Mission President is with the spirit, I love that man!  I love my mission, as each day passes I realize more and more how precious this last year has been to me.  Its changed me so much! Yay!

Kashiwa and I are still doing great together, I love her so much.  I was thinking the other day that we must have been really good friends in our pre earth life.  I can't wait until we can meet again one day and communicate perfectly in either English or Japanese! Love her to death.

Anyways, I don't have too many crazy thing to talk about, but I love you all, have a good week!
Love, Sharp Shimai

No comments:

Post a Comment